Product Description & Reviews
The Fowler Sylvac Mark VI electronic indicator has a 2-1/4" diameter high-contrast LCD with 0-1”/0-25mm measuring range, four user-selectable resolutions of 0.00005", 0.0005", 0.001mm, and 0.01mm, a non-contact indicative measuring system, polyamide housing with a stainless steel shank and spindle, a 3/8" stem diameter, and a carbide contact point. The indicator performs inch/metric conversions, has a measuring speed of 1.5m/60" per second, and a repeatability of 2μm. The non-contact scale inductive measuring system has no moving parts and is insensitive to dust, dirt, oils, and electrical or magnetic interference. The polyamide housing is durable and impact-resistant. The indicator has a stainless steel shank and spindle, a 3/8" mounting stem, 4-48 UNF threading, and a lug back for a range of mounting options. The carbide contact point provides durability for surfaces with a hardness rating below that of carbide. The high-contrast LCD records minimum, maximum, and total indicator reading (TIR), has a hold feature that saves the reading for recording, and can be set to zero at any spindle location. Two measuring references can be individually preset to + or - 99.99999. Statistical Process Control (SPC) data collection and bidirectional RS-232C, USB, Digimatic, and wireless output capability transfers data to a computer (cable not included). When the indicator is used for SPC data collection, the zero button can be configured as a data I/O switch. The indicator requires a lithium wafer battery (included). Specifications Dial face diameter AGD Group 2, 2-1/4" rotates 270 degrees Units Inch/metric conversion Display High-contrast LCD with LED tolerance indicators Resolution Selectable 0.00005/0.001mm or 0.0005"/0.01mm Measuring speed 1.5m/60" per second Repeatability, accuracy 2μm, .00016”/.004mm Contact point material and stem Carbide contact point on 3/8" diameter stem Mounting type Lug back or stem Data features SPC data format, display hold, min, max, delta, TIR, floating zero Output Bidirectional RS-232C (cable not included) Temperature 41 to 104 degrees F (operating), -4 to 140 degrees F (storage) Power Lithium wafer battery Dial indicators are also called dial gauges, probe, and electronic indicators. These precision instruments measure small linear distances and object sizes. The dial magnifies the measurement so that it can be easily read by the human eye. Frequently used in manufacturing, laboratories, and other industrial or mechanical fields, dial indicators are used anywhere a small measurement must be found and recorded or transferred, such as checking the variation in tolerance of a workpiece. Standard dial indicators measure the displacement along the axis of the indicator. Dial test indicators are very similar to dial indicators, except that the axis of measurement is perpendicular to the axis of the indicator. Dial and dial test indicators can be analog, with a mechanical dial, or electronic, with a digital display. Some electronic models transfer the data electronically to a computer for recording and potential manipulation. Fowler Precision, an American company, manufactures inspection and measurement instruments such as electronic indicators, calipers, bore gages, and digital scales. The company, founded in the USA in 1946, is headquartered in Newton, MA.
Features & Highlights
- Fowler Sylvac Mark VI lifetime warranty electronic indicator with American Gage Design (AGD) Group 2 face and user-selectable 0.00005"/0.001mm or 0.0005/0.01mm resolution is designed for taking measurements in machining, layout, and inspection work
- Non-contact scale inductive measuring system has no moving parts and is insensitive to dust, dirt, oils and electrical or magnetic interference
- Stainless steel shank and spindle, 4-48 UNF threading, aluminum housing with lug back, 3/8" mounting stem is Ingress Protection (IP)-67 rated for protection against water, coolant, oil, and dust
- High-contrast LCD with tolerance indicators, minimum, maximum, Total Indicator Reading (TIR), display hold that retains reading for recording, and floating zero allows the indicator to be set to zero at any spindle location
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) data collection with bidirectional RS-232C, USB, Digimatic, and wireless output transfers data to a computer (cable not included)
|Manufacturer:||Fred V. Fowler Company, Inc.|
|Publisher:||Fred V. Fowler Company, Inc.|
|Studio:||Fred V. Fowler Company, Inc.|
|Item Weight:||0.04 pounds|
|Package Weight:||0.6 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.4 x 2.6 x 2.6 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.