Product Description & Reviews
FINGERNAIL PROFILER The Fingernail Profiler is designed to aid the turner who has difficulty in sharpening his bowl and spindle gouges free hand. Typically problems which recur from free hand sharpening are the appearance of facets on the bevel leading to a less than perfect finish on the project, inconsistent shapes, and the unnecessary grinding away of valuable tools. Facets are caused by differential pressure being applied to the tool against the grinding wheel. The geometry of the Fingernail Profiler ensures that only regular pressure can be applied thereby ensuring a clean, 'as new' finish on the bevel every time. By ensuring that the same length of tool is protruding from the jig - and this length may well differ from one tool to another - the same will always be replicated whether the user prefers a long grind, a conventional square grind or anything in between.
Features & Highlights
- Sorby fingernail profiler will work with any bench grinder of vertical belt sander
- Designed to aid the turner who has difficulty in sharpening his bowl and spindle gouges free hand
- The geometry of the Fingernail Profiler ensures that only regular pressure can be applied thereby ensuring a clean, 'as new' finish on the bevel every time.
- Will help to replicate long grinds, conventional square grinds or anything in between
- Come with complete instructions
|Package Weight:||2.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 3 x 3 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Peachtree Woodworking Supply
mpn: P7304, ean: 0814310016480,
By Hurricane Turning Tools
mpn: HTT-ACC-LTC60-1MT, ean: 0846817043102,